*Written 11/30/09 and backdated for publishing purposes to 01/01/09*
I firmly believe in transparency in blogging - it is important to me to disclose to you, my readers, that I do run paid advertising on this site, that I use affiliate links, and that I offer sponsored giveaways of products for you from companies that I believe are relevant to the content of this site. I am sometimes (but not always) compensated for product review/giveaway posts in the form of free products or gift cards.
I always disclose any relationship/compensation I have received at the bottom of my review/giveaway posts. While the products for review/giveaway may be provided by the given company, the opinions and content are solely my own.
To be in full compliance with the new FTC guidelines governing endorsments and testimonials in effect December 1, 2009, specifically in regards to bloggers and paid advertisements/product reviews, I have taken the following steps:
1. Identified all paid advertisements within my sidebar as either "Sponsors" or "Advertisements".
2. Identified all links/ads within my sidebar to affiliate programs I recommend as "Mighty Useful Resources".
3. Committed to continued disclosure of relationships/compensation within giveaway/review posts.
4. Committed to identifying any sponsored or paid content that I share on Twitter with the hashtag #sponsored.
5. Committed to identifying any sponsored or paid content that I share on Facebook with the tag "sponsored".
6. Generated an disclosure policy at www.DisclosurePolicy.org, the text of which is below:
This policy is valid from 30 November 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Thank you for reading and please feel free to contact me by email if you have any further questions.